Subscribe in a reader 180x150_80108_ad_optB
Deals That Are Nifty by Sister Thrifty: Valentine's ideas

Deals That Are Nifty by Sister Thrifty

Great Steals and Deals around town and online to save you the big bucks and help you keep more of your hard-earned money!

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Valentine's ideas

Hi gang!
February is Museum Month so be sure to check out your local museums...most museums and art institutions througout the country will open their doors at half price.

The Harlem Globetrotters are at it again. Check out their web site for when they'll be in a town near you. If you have a child who was born in the year 2000 he/she will receive a free ticket for life when you sign them up on-line!

So, I was shopping at Costco the other day...I really should say "eating my way through the store"...I love those food samples, but I digress. I saw that an item I wanted was on sale but I forgot to bring my Costco coupons with me (I know, me of all people forgetting to bring a coupon! Outrageous!) so I went up to the Customer Service desk and asked for one. Did you know they always have big envelopes full of their coupons just for forgetful and thrifty shoppers like me? Now you know! :)

You can get huge savings on life insurance these days. The best kind is level term insurance, which allows you to buy coverage for a certain amount of time. You hope that it never pays off and that you outlive your policy. But if it does your family members are set. In the Allentown Morning Call newspaper, which publishes a lot of great consumer articles, there is a report that shows that term policies have dropped by 50 percent over the past 10 years. So, if you took out a policy in the mid ‘90s or even early in the 21st century, you can replace your policy for a much lower price. Why have prices dropped so much? The first reason is because of the Internet. The second reason is because people are living longer and outliving their policies. So, reshop your policy and you could pay much less each month. You definitely want to buy only from companies rated either A+ or A++ by A.M. Best, and be sure to run away if someone tries to suggest variable life or universal life insurance.

Love is in the air.....Time to get ready for Valentine's Day! Here are a few romantic websites with tons of ideas for gifts and ways to show your honey how much you care:
www.lovingyou.comwww.theromantic.comwww.romantic-tips.comrelationshipgold.comberomantic.com
And that's just the tip of the cupid iceberg! There are TONS of web sites like that out there! Amazing, huh. Here's a tip....click onto one of those sites on your husband's computer and leave it there so it's staring at him for one big hint. I decorated our kitchen table with lots of hearts and Valentine's stuff (early, I know) and when my hubbie came home he nearly had a heart attack (not literally) because he thought it was already February 14th and he had forgotten to get me something. How's that for a subtle hint? ark I'm just trying to get his romantic ideas churning. Honey, if you're reading this....I was talking about that other husband. :)

If you're going to send flowers on Valentine's day and want to order from FTD, ProFlowers or another online company, first go to https://www.mypoints.com/v?s=FoyGR3yGd25TDJRBbhxG2tofWH8V&arr=s9It's called My Points and you earn free stuff for simply clicking on web sites or when you buy things. I've been using it for years and have earned tons of cool, free stuff!

If you're thinking about giving your loved one a great book for Valentine's Day, check out the great bargains up to 75% off at the Spring Creek Books outlet at http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=346981

That'll do ya for today. Have a great weekend!
CENTSerely,
Sister Thrifty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>
180x150_80108_ad_optB
Subscribe in a reader