Subscribe in a reader 180x150_80108_ad_optB
Deals That Are Nifty by Sister Thrifty: magazine subscriptions

Deals That Are Nifty by Sister Thrifty

Great Steals and Deals around town and online to save you the big bucks and help you keep more of your hard-earned money!

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

magazine subscriptions

Hi girls!
Just a few things today....
Rosanne Barlow has a serger sewing machine for sale. $75, Bernette model # 234. In great condition, older but hardly used. Call 603-9366 for more info.
Susan Shupe from O-4 has an elderly friend (70ish) who lives in a condo on the beach in Oceanside and is looking for a roommate (old or young) to rent her extra room to help her with expenses. She would like to rent the room for $600. So if you know of someone looking for a room, please have them contact Susan at 967-9051.
Some of you asked about the free magazine deal, a bit skeptical that it was too good to be true. It actually WAS good AND true! :) Sherry is an old friend of mine who began working for a new company and she wanted to share a good deal with me and my friends (I have such nice friends, don't I!) When I asked her for more clarification on how it is we were able to get freebies, this is what she wrote:
Well, the place I'm working for is like a clearinghouse of magazines.
Publishers contact our company to increase subscription numbers on certain magazines. As I am sure you know, magazine publishers make their money on advertisements, not subscription sales. So, they call our company to beef up those numbers to look more attractive to potential advertisers. As a bonus to employees, each month we get a list of "no-remit" magazines. That means we get subscritions for "free". I just thought I would share this benefit
with those that I know. :-) If any of you are still interested I know she
just had here deadline for subscriptions. I'll let you know if/when she does this again so you can jump on it next time!
More steals and deals later....
Have a wonderful day!
CENTSerely,
Sister Thrifty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>
180x150_80108_ad_optB
Subscribe in a reader