Subscribe in a reader 180x150_80108_ad_optB
Deals That Are Nifty by Sister Thrifty: Hotel coupons

Deals That Are Nifty by Sister Thrifty

Great Steals and Deals around town and online to save you the big bucks and help you keep more of your hard-earned money!

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Hotel coupons

Hi girls!
Have you all discovered the hidden gems at the Carlsbad library? Yesterday I forced my kids to go see a fun storyteller/singing session about the Gold Rush days. It was perfect to get us in the mood for Pioneer Day and the kids actually enjoyed it! (They complain about most cultural events I drag them to.) They won prizes and then got more prizes inside when they reported on their book reading through the children's summer reading
program! Score! A few weeks ago we saw a show about this wild Brazilian
stick fighting dance that is actually used by Halle Berry in the new film Cat Woman! Don't let those wonderful free events at the library slip through your famlily's fingers!
Sue Wooley wanted to make sure we knew about this petition going around to clean up the media:
http://www.grassfire.org/39/petition.asp?PID=7060766&NID=1

By the way, I wandered over to the Holiday Inn (Windmill place) on Palomar Airport Road and Paseo del Norte and got a bunch of coupons for visiting relatives who want to hit all the San Diego tourist spots. There is also that Hilton Garden Inn on 101 & Palomar Airport Road that has a bunch of touristy magazines with coupons.

Remember sweet Janet Kemeny? She moved away but still likes receiving thrifty tips and recently sent me this letter:
>
>Dear Sis Thrifty,
>By the way, I do not know who you are, though it seems many in the ward
>do know. As I'm sure you know, Jorge and I have moved to Utah (he has
>4 siblings and their families in the area-we were alone in Paradise
>with his declining health). We are now livging with his sister near
>Lehi and are about to break ground on a new home in Alpine.
>Any way I am always so happy to get your wonderful emails- please keep
>them coming! One of your recent emails spoke about an Office Depot coupon.
>Now I
>needed a pack of photo paper for my ink jet printer. So I went to the
>momsview website you gave us to find the coupon. Since an Office Max
>is much closer to me I checked out their name on the coupon list and
>found that they were selling the paper at buy 2 ($9.99 each) get 1
>free. So, I printed out the ad and drove to the store, but the paper
>wasn't on sale there. But when I showed them the ad I had printed off
>they gave me the third package free.
>So
>thanks much Sis Thrifty for saving me $10. That will buy a couple
>upgraded door knobs in the new house! Ha! Many Thanks! Janet
>Kemeny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>
180x150_80108_ad_optB
Subscribe in a reader